Apply for a Grant
GRANT MAKING CRITERIA AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Thanks to the generosity of many of its community minded residents, the Belvedere Community Foundation has made hundreds of grants to support projects that preserve the unique character of Belvedere and enhance the quality of life for all members of its community.
Grants from the Belvedere Community Foundation are targeted at supporting:
- Preservation and/or enhancement to historically important structures as well as the natural beauty of our surroundings;
- Positive community interaction;
- Educational opportunities, particularly those focused on stewardship of natural resources and awareness of cultural heritage;
- Healthy living, particularly as it pertains to the benefits of an active lifestyle;
- Funds for emergency preparedness and public safety;
- Seed funding for new community based projects or to aid projects launched by other locally based, non profits aligned with the goals of the BCF;
- Crisis funding to existing community based programs in times of urgent need.
The Belvedere Community Foundation has two grant cycles per year, beginning on March 1st and September 1st. Grant requests should be submitted by the beginning of the relevant grant cycle and all applicants will receive a response within 60 days. In the event of an emergency based need, the BCF will consider requests outside of the normal grant cycles; applicants should clearly state the reason for the exceptional nature of their request.
A Grant Application can be found here and submitted online or through the mail.
GRANTEE OUTCOME REPORT
Grantees are also expected to complete a Grantee Outcome Report documenting the work supported by our grant. An Outcome Report form can be found here and should be submitted within six months from when the grant is received.
The Belvedere Community Foundation looks most favorably upon applications with matching funding sources, especially when a project is beyond Belvedere city limits, and generally does not make multi-year commitments or grants to projects located outside of the greater Tiburon peninsula area.
The Belvedere Community Foundation requests that grantees provide public recognition of our grant support in their newsletters, in the media and wherever else appropriate.
Grantee Outcome Report